When I was a kid, my Dad had this little picture hanging on the wall who an old man in a rocking chair. Under the picture it read: “Worry is like a rocking chair. It keeps you busy but doesn’t get you any where.”
Man, how true is that?
- 90% of the things we worry about will never happen.·
- 30% are about the past and cannot be altered.·
- 12% center in criticisms, mostly untrue, made by people who feel inferior.·
- 10% is related to our health, which worsens while we worry.·
- 10% is legitimate, showing that life does have real problems and may be met head on when we have eliminated senseless worries.
- 99% of percentages quoted in articles are made up in the first place.
If the problem can be solved, there is no use worrying about it. If the problem can’t be solved, worrying will do no good.’ Worry is defined by Webster as “a mental distress or agitation resulting from concern, usually for something impending or anticipated.”
So how does this apply to WARMACHINE and HORDES, you ask? Well, in gaming some people tend to worry about things that just aren’t worrying about at all. They worry that if they play in a tournament that they might make a mistake. They worry that they won’t be able to assemble a complicated model, so they don’t buy it. They worry about their ability to paint well, so they don’t pick up the brush. They worry that if they use model X that some player might say they they are playing with a Chessy list. Worry, worry, worry. Nonsense.
Have fun already. Enjoy the hobby. Paint. Pay. Meet new people. Talk. Network. Do whatever it is that makes you happy.
And stop worrying.