With the coming of the Avengers movie, and I have been reading alot about Marvel Comic’s depiction of the Shadow Wars of World War 2. When it comes to super villians, I usually think of the Red Skull, Baron Zemo, and Baron Strucker. However, there are other wacky and fantastic super villians within the Nazi Party who are in the trenches to battle Captain America, Bucky, and the Invaders. I have compiled a short list of the ones that I believe I will be trying out using the various rules for superheroes in games within the setting of World War 2 miniature games. Enjoy.
Perhaps someone with a better grasp on the rules of games like Incursion, Secrets of the Third Reich, AE: WW 2, or a simliar Wierd War 2 type game can refer to my list and suggest some stats.
1. Julia Frieda Koenig Lohmer, aka Warrior Woman. She has the powers granted her from the Super Soldier Serum and the Human Torch’s blood, including Super Strength and Durability. She uses a bull whip as her weapon, and could be used as a Zombie Controller since she has psionic powers.
2. Lord John Falsworth, aka Baron Blood. This bad guy was turned into a vampire by Count Dracula. He has all of the normal powers of a vampire.
3. Master Man (Wilhelm Lohmer) was a Super Soldier like Captain America with Super Strength, Durability, and Psionic Flight abilities.
4. Blitzkreig Squad – Ordered by Adolf Hitler to find some way to defeat Sgt. Nick Fury and his Howling Commandos, Baron Wolfgang von Strucker spent hours studying the files on the Howlers. He finally concluded that the best way to defeat them would be to create a commando squad of Nazis who could match each of the Howlers’ skills.
5. Captain Axis is a super strong villian that served both Hitler and Victor Von Doom.
6. Doctor Nemesis would be a good Zed Controller armed with a Needle Gun filled with Knock Out Sedatives.
7. General Brinkhaus would be an interesting character. He could control Zombies with his Psychic powers, and use Force Bolts as weapons. As a least resort, he could explode to destory himself and his enemies.
8. Karl Stryker: He fought Captain America and Bucky using a Hydraulics Powered Combat Suit which gave him super strength and allowed him to shoot flames from his fingertips.
9. Spider Queen: The Nazi version of Spider Woman. She wore two bracelet-like devices which emitted a “web fluid” that she could use to bind and restrain others and to swing from rooftops or hang outside windows; she was also an accomplished acrobat and hand-to-hand combatant, and her ability to reproduce her husband’s web fluid implies that she was an above-average chemist.
10. The Reaper: A Nazi madman! The Reaper was a charismatic speaker, able to turn his listeners into a frenzied mob, but he was not known to have any superhuman powers. He carried a large scythe, which could be used as a blunt or sharp weapon. He was served by a number of Nazi agents.
These are just a few of the possible characters that Marvel intoduced in The Invaders comic books. They could easily be made into villian characters for any of the Weird War II games out there right now. For a wide ranging list, look here.