THARIVOL: He found a set of plate armor called “Ebony Thorn” and a Flicker Ring. The armor can be used with Tharivol’s bracers because as described before, the bracers change size on its wearer to fit perfectly.
EBONY THORN, PLATE ARMOR
Ebony Thorn is a set of plate armor that is a relic from the legendary Keep on the Shadowfell. Forged by Kalarel, a priest of Orcus, the armor is always warm to the touch and radiates a faint aura of Evil. It bestows its wearer with AC 18 as with normal plate armor. However, the armor weighs only 30 pounds rather than 60. It also does not offer Disadvantage for Stealth checks as normal Plate does in that situation. While it is being worn, it grants the wearer the following abilities:
- Scythe of Orcus: Use: 1/day, Requires: 1 Action, Description: A jet of hot sulfur sprays from the palms of the armor’s gauntlets at one target within 15 feet. The spray inflicts 1d4 points of fire damage per level of the wearer with a maximum of 20d4. This power will charged every 24 hours at midnight.
- Horrid Withering: Use: 1/day, Requires: 1 Action, Description: Choose up to five targets within a radius of 10 feet with the wears as the center of the radius. This spell evaporates moisture from the body of each subject living creature, dealing 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 20d6). This spell is especially devastating to water elementals and plant creatures, which instead take 1d8 points of damage per caster level (maximum 20d8).
- Shard Burst: Use: 1d6/day, Requires: 1 Bonus Action, Description: Upon manifesting this power, you cause an explosion of metal shards and spikes that deals 5d4 points of damage to every creature or object within 5 feet of you. (DEX Saving Throw of 15 for ½ damage.) The explosion causes no damage to the armor. Since this power extends outward from you, you are not affected by the damage, however it can harm your allies.
THE FLICKER RING
This ring was retrieved long ago from the legendary White Plume Mountain. This ring must be worn to use its abilities. The ring recharges every 24 hours at daybreak. The ring will have 1d12 charges a day. The ring gives the following abilities while worn:
- FLICKER: [ 1 charge] The wearer of this ring is able to “flicker” back and forth between the Material Plane and the Ethereal Plane. You look as though you’re winking in and out of reality very quickly and at random. If you do this as a READY ACTION with the trigger of an enemy attacking you, then physical attacks and targeted spells against you have a 50% miss chance as you wink in and out of the Ethereal Plane. You can move a total of 10 feet from your original position as a Free Action.
- SHINE: [1 charge] The wearer of this ring can perceive invisible creatures. This works on creatures using invisibility by any means including innate, psionic, or magical methods. If you attack an invisible creature, you gain a +2 to hit.
- GLINT: [1 charge] While falling, you pop in and out of the Prime Plane, taking only half damage on impact. This ability can stack with a CON Saving Throw if allowed. Success on the Saving Throw means you take no Falling Damage.
- WINK: [1 charge] You can step through (but not see through) solid objects. For each 5 feet of solid material you walk through, there is a 50% chance that you become material. If this occurs, you are shunted off to the nearest open space and take 1d6 points of damage per 5 feet so traveled.