Fo discovered the Array of the White Worm and the Celestial Scythe
the Celestial Scythe
The Celestial Scythe was created long ago by an Oni. The kusarigama is a traditional Kara-Tur that consists of a scythe with a type of metal chain with a heavy iron weight at the end. Attacking with the weapon usually entailed swinging the weighted chain in a large circle over one’s head, and then whipping it forward to entangle an opponent’s spear, sword, or other weapon, or immobilizing his arms or legs. This allows the kusarigama user to easily rush forward and strike with the scythe. A kusarigama wielder might also strike with the spinning weighted end of the chain directly while still outside the range of an opponent’s hand weapon.
The Celestial Scythe is a +2 hit/ +2 damage finesse weapon. It requires two hands to use. The weighed chain inflicts 1d8 bludgeoning damage on a successful hit and the scythe does 1d6 slashing. While using it, the wielder may use the following abilities:
- Ki Focus: The magic weapon serves as a channel for the wielder’s ki, allowing her to use her special ki attacks through the weapon as if they were unarmed attacks.
- Disarm: As a mêlée attack, you may attempt to disarm your opponent using the weighted chain. Make a contest of your STR or DEX roll vs. target’s STR or DEX roll.
- Grapple: As a mêlée attack, you may make attempt to grapple an opponent using the weighted chain. Make a contest of your STR or DEX roll vs. target’s STR or DEX roll.
Array of the White Worm
The White Worm is a great twisting icy river that weaves through the Earthspur Mountains. This cloth array was spun by an elderly Shield Dwarf and given to one of the first Yellow Rose monks who trained in the Citadel of the White Worm. There is only one of these in existence, and possession of it is a great honor as it is viewed as a legendary artifact among the Yellow Rose Monks. The rumor is that it will seek out the monk who needs it most, presenting itself to its chosen master. While worn, the array grants the following abilities:
- Protection: Adds +2 to Armor Class
- Ki Pool: Every time you take a Long Rest, you gain 1d6 additional Ki.
- Diehard: You are especially hard to kill while wearing the Array. When you have been reduced to 0 or less hit points but did not receive Massive Damage, you may choose to spend any number of Hit Dice to heal yourself immediately. This may be done as many times as needed until all of the Hit Dice are spent.
In addition, the Array allows the wears to use these follow powers by expending charges. The Array can be recharged at any time by expending 1 Ki. The Array absorbs the Ki and repowers the Array’s abilities. When the Array is recharged it gains 1d6 charges.
- Power Attack: [1 charge] You can choose to take a penalty on all mêlée attack rolls and combat maneuver checks to gain a bonus on all mêlée damage rolls. For every -1 you impose to hit, you gain +2 to damage.
- Cleave: [1 charge] When you hit an opponent with an standard Attack action, you can make a Bonus single attack against a foe within 10 feet. You may do this for every successful standard Attack action used in that round.
- Vital Strike: [1 charge] Make additional one attack that deals additional damage. Roll the damage dice for the attack twice and add the results together before adding bonuses. Cannot be used with special attacks or abilities.
- Dazzling Display: [1 charge] You can perform a bewildering show of prowess which takes up one standard Attack action. Make an Advantage Intimidate check with a +4 additional bonus to demoralize all foes within 30 feet who can see your display.
- Disruption: [1 charge] This attack deals an additional 1d6 damage.
- Expeditious Retreat: [1 charge] A puff of smoke surrounds you, and you may “teleport” to a new place within 30 feet that you can see. This action is considered a Free Action.