Loral Mezzaleereryie discovered seven paintings in the Pesheour Cache on the second level of Castle Adikos. The set of seven paintings depict seven unknown and forgotten gods. Each is signed by the renown bard and sage named Tvash Prull. Each is valued at 5000 gold. Rather than taking them for himself, Loral chose to study them and make sketches of each in his journal.
Loral’s study reveals that these seven paintings depict ancient primal gods from Chult’s past. There was once a fabulous Chult city known as Omu. The people worshipped a god named UBATAO, but in time the god became displeased with the people of Omu and turned away from them. Long ago, the god Ubtao hardened his heart and vowed to weep for the people of Omu no longer. The rains stopped, the jungle withered and died, and death swept through Omu. With Ubtao gone, primal spirits arose from the rainforest to bewitch the few remaining Omuans. They disguised themselves as jungle creatures and promised great power in return for devotion. Desperate for redemption, the Omuans tore down their temple to Ubtao and raised shrines to these new gods.
The seven paintings depict the following Cult primal spirits worshipped as gods in the city of Omu:
- Moa the jaculi (male, Lawful Good, enemy of Wongo)
- Nangnang the grung (female, Neutral Evil, enemy of Shagambi)
- Obo’laka the zorbo (female, Lawful Neutral, enemy of I’jin)
- Papazotl the eblis (male, Lawful Evil, enemy of Kubazan)
- Shagambi the kamadan (female, Neutral Good, enemy of Nangnang)
- Unkh the flail snail (female, True Neutral)
- Wongo the su-monster (male, Chaotic Evil, enemy of Moa)